The Trinity College of Vermont Association of Alumni and Friends is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in any ways other than those disclosed in this statement. The Association collects information from our users at several different points on our website.
- Mailing list
- The Association uses e-mail to send informational updates about its activities and web site to interested individuals and organizations. To receive these e-mails, a user is required to supply their name and e-mail address.
- Private resources
- Some users may be given access to resources within private areas of the The Association web site and provided with a username and password to access these resources. More detailed information is from time to time gathered from those users.
- A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's hard drive containing information about the user, but usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site. No cookies are used in any of the public areas of The Association web site. Cookies are automatically sent to all users who login to private areas so that users do not have to login to each individual resource during a given session. Once the session times out or the user closes their browser, the cookie simply terminates.
- Log Files
- The Association uses IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
- We use web site data from time to time to assess the effectiveness of this site and may share this information with third-party contracted service providers involved in the site's administration and development, but this information is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person. We will not share, sell or rent e-mail addresses or any other personal information provided by users without first explicitly getting their permission.
- This web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that
The Association is not responsible for the privacy practices of such
other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our
site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site
that collects personally identifiable information.
This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the the Association's web site.
- From time-to-time our site may request information from users via surveys. Participation in these surveys is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose information.
- One-time e-mails
- From time to time, The Association sends e-mail messages to users who may be interested in its activities whose e-mail addresses have either been provided by a third party or are publicly available on the Internet. The source of these addresses will be identified and the purpose of the contact clearly indicated in such messages. In order to continue to receive e-mail from The Association, such users are asked to fill out an online form (see the section above on our Mailing List).
- This website takes every precaution to protect our users' information.
When users submit information via the website, that information is
protected both online and off-line. When a form is submitted, it is
temporarily stored online, sent via e-mail and stored offline. Online
data storage files are cleaned periodically. Access to user information
is routinely restricted to The Association's board, and only other
contracted service providers who need the information to perform a
specific task are granted access to any personally identifiable information.
All Association personnel are kept up-to-date on our security and
privacy practices. Every quarter, as well as any time new policies
are added, they are notified and/or reminded about the importance
placed on privacy, and what they can do to ensure that such information
is protected. Finally, the servers that we store personally identifiable
information on are kept in a secure environment, in locked facilities,
and employ firewall software to prevent unauthorized access while
connected to the Internet.
If you have any questions about the security at our website, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mailing list removal
- Users who have joined our e-mail list but no longer wish to receive messages from The Association may opt out of receiving these communications by sending a request to email@example.com. Such requests will be acknowledged and confirmed and the address will be removed from our mailing lists.
- Notification of Changes